space for learning aims to do what our name says! Creating effective spaces for learning for managers and professionals in full-on, busy organisations. It's not about training, but transformation - learning, development, change.
When do you need space for learning?
Creating space for learning in your organisation is helpful in times of change:
- mergers and acquisitions
- new leadership team
- increased competition
- new direction - re-branding, brand re-fresh, new values
We work together with you:
- we learn about you and your business
- we seek to uncover your key strengths and capabilities
- we work together to develop solutions that support your organisational goals
What do we do?
We collaboratively design:
- people strategies
- internal marketing and communications
Learning & Development
- Developing a learning culture
- Global development programmes - from graduates to top managers
- Infrastructure solutions - learning management systems, e-learning
- Senior leadership development
- Coaching and action learning (including virtual action learning)
- Organisational Development
- Cultural and behavioural change in complex organisations
- Personality profiling - MBTI & OPQ accredited
- Bringing brand values to life
- Large group events
Oil and gas, Banking and finance, Travel, Manufacturing
UK & Ireland, France, Norway, Brazil, Singapore, US
Sharon VarneyMy passion is creating space for learning in organisations. The kind of learning that sets you apart from your competitors - helping you attract and retain talented people. The kind of learning that leads to better customer relationships because your people want to 'live' their brand.
I typically come in when you know you need something, but are not sure exactly what. I work happily with a blank piece of paper as it gives me a chance to talk with you and your people and find out what's really needed. Then we can create a solution together that is meaningful to your local context. I'll happily bring good ideas and expertise to help you create a solution that's tailored exactly to you - not imposed from outside.
Frankly it's all about engaging people. That way the change is sustainable - and that's what makes the difference in what I deliver. Remember, it doesn't matter how good a business strategy is. If it's not 'lived' by your people it won't work.
Rest assured - I have a sound record of delivery and a pragmatic approach when it comes to getting things done. My experience spans different areas of expertise, industry sectors and geographies, but the common thread is about engaging people in change. And who doesn't need help with that from time to time?
I am an experienced learning and development practitioner, with a passionate interest in finding ways of accessing and harnessing people's natural energy for their work in the service of organisational change and growth. Typically this will mean taking time to explore priorities, values and concerns with you and the people in your organisation, to understand your culture and context and to bring people together in new ways that support and accelerate wanted change.